IT Communications Specialist
Reporting to the Director of Client Growth, the IT Communications Specialist is responsible for creating compelling stories through the creation of marketing and sales content that aids in the growth of client business success. This position requires extreme attention to detail, polished business and technical writing skills, and a keen understanding of corporate and business communications. Experience working with or writing for the TeleCom/IT/Service Provider and/or Software as a Service (SaaS) industry is vital to the success of this role.
The IT Communications Specialist will enrich client B2B marketing campaigns by creating consistent short and long-form content that will be used for new blog and social media posts, service guides, “white paper”/other resources, call-to-actions, newsletters, landing pages, presentations, and other marketing copy to generate sales leads for our clients. Writing to build brand differentiation, tell a unique story, and capture an audience will be critical to customer retention, communications strategy effectiveness, and overall success in this position.
- Create and managed client content strategy as it aligns to campaigns, goals, and lead conversion rates.
- Research and interview client Subject Matter Experts to create unique and compelling thought leadership articles and resources to use as pillar content for digital and SEO efforts.
- Wrote both short and long-form content by combining client meetings, interviews, content calendars, research of industry-related topics, and other online sources
- Write clear marketing copy to promote client products and/or services as well as proofread and edit blog posts before submitting for approval to publish
- Prepare well-structured drafts using a Content Management System (HubSpot CRM)
- Write search engine optimized content on a consistent basis
- Coordinate will all partners and teams for content, design, and SEO deliverables to keep campaigns moving forward and on timeline
- Optimize current website and content (titles, descriptions, tags, alts, anchor text, etc.) to ensure it is set-up to rank for target terms
- Conduct keyword research and use Google SEO guidelines to increase web traffic
- Develop high-value and engaging content for all stages of the buyer journey to aid in a smooth client sales lifecycle
- Identify client needs and resolve gaps in our content by recommending new topics to increase demand, lead generation, and ROI
- Work within ClickUp project management system to document and track activities, milestones, and project tactics
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Client Growth, Chief Marketing Officer, and other business partners
- Proven work experience as a Content Writer, Copywriter, or similar role (preferably for an agency or in the ITS / MSP / SaaS Industries)
- Excellent writing and editing skills in English with a portfolio of published articles
- Hands-on experience with HubSpot preferred; HubSpot Inbound Certification encouraged
- Growth minded individual whose interested in building a business and developing their career
- Fast learner with the ability to troubleshoot challenges and bring new ideas and efficiencies to the table, create processes, and improve inefficiencies as the company scales
- Ability to work independently and with teams; ability to meet deadlines and work on multiple projects at once
- Experience doing research using multiple sources
- Experience with Canva and/or Adobe Creative Suite is a plus
- University degree or college diploma in Marketing, English, Journalism, or related field
MarketDesign is a boutique marketing consulting firm specializing in the technology space offering everything from digital to direct mail and everything in between. We're a passionate group of marketers looking to continue to bring our clients better service and greater results.
With a mission to inspire action for our clients, MarketDesign couples marketing strategy with design ingenuity in a sincere and powerful way. By building brands, telling stories, and driving results, MarketDesign is committed to doing our part to cure cancer with annual investments of our time, money, and resources.
If you're a passionate writer who loves the oxford comma, likes the ability to move from copy writing to research-driven data sheets, and is a techie at heart, then this job is for you.